Written by Brenton Wight, Health Researcher
Copyright © 1999-2021 Brenton Wight. All Rights Reserved.
This site is non-profit, existing only to help people improve health
Updated 2nd January 2021
Pistachios are more than a tasty snack, they are probably the best nuts to eat!
They are very nutritious, with more than 30 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins, γ-tocopherol, β-carotene, lutein, selenium, flavonoids, phytoestrogens, potassium, vitamin B-6, beta-carotene, lutein + zeaxanthin, selenium, fibre and are low-carbohydrate.
Even though they contain healthy fats, they actually help fat burning, along with cholesterol improvement, heart health, blood glucose improvement, even better sexual function!
- Plenty of vitamin B-6, essential for the brain, nerves, energy, breaking down fats, lowering homocysteine, treating anxiety, depression, PMS, ADD, ADHD
- Heart health, blood vessels, cholesterol and triglyceride improvement due mainly to the antioxidants
- Diabetes improvement due to lower blood glucose and corresponding lower insulin levels
- Curb the appetite due to the protein, healthy fats and fibre content
- Studies show benefit for erectile dysfunction in men
- Lutein and zeaxanthin in pistachios helps protect the eyes from macular degeneration and other eye disease
- Prebiotics and fibre in pistachios help feed our healthy gut bacteria, the first line of defense for immunity